Our Safeguarding Policy:
The four Wildbrooks Parishes commit annually to the following policy:
As members of this PCC we are committed to the safeguarding, care and nurture of all our members.
We recognise that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility.
We are committed to implementing all safeguarding policies and practice guidance issued by the House of Bishops
We will carefully select and train all those who work or volunteer in positions of trust. We will use the Disclosure and Barring Service, amongst other tools, to check the background of each person.
We will respond, without delay, to every concern made that a person for whom we are responsible may have been harmed.
We will co-operate fully with statutory agencies during any investigation concerning a member of the church community.
We will seek to ensure that anyone for whom we have pastoral responsibility who has suffered abuse is offered support that meets their needs.
We will respond appropriately to those who have committed sexual offences who wish to join our fellowship, following House of Bishop’s guidance and the advice of the Safeguarding Team.
We will review this policy annually and as part of this process will ensure that all our procedures, particularly in relation to the Disclosure and Barring Service, are up to date.
Who to contact with concerns
Safeguarding concerns can be raised by email to the following:
For Amberley, Wiggonholt and Greatham:
Melanie Edge via email@example.com
Val Myers via firstname.lastname@example.org
A signed copy of our policy statement is displayed in each church and a copy sent to the Diocesan Safeguarding Team
If you wish to speak to someone outside of the Wildbrooks parishes, or outside of the Church of England, please follow the links below
Useful Links for Safeguarding Concerns
- If you are a child and you need to talk to someone about things that are happening to you that you don’t like, please go to https://www.childline.org.uk/ or telephone Childline on 0800 1111
- If you are an adult and you need to access support about something that is happening to you, please go to https://safeguarding.chichester.anglican.org/Ihavebeenabused/
- If you need to contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team, please go to https://safeguarding.chichester.anglican.org/contacttheteam/
- if you need to report a safeguarding concern to the statutory authorities in Sussex, please go to https://safeguarding.chichester.anglican/org/whatdoidoif/, click on the option on the left that most describes the situation you are concerned about, and follow the advice and further links you find there. Please remember to contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team as well, once you have contacted the statutory authorities.
- If you wish to contact the Local Authority (Horsham District Council Adult services or Children’s Access Point Directly with your concern:
- For Adults: Contact the West Sussex Adults’ Services out-of-hours service directly on 01243 642121 or email Adults.CarePoint@westsussex.gcsx.gov.uk
- For Children: Contact the Multi-agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) Out of office hours (5.00pm to 8.00am weekdays) and for emergencies at weekends and bank holidays (24 hours) 033 022 26664. or email MASH@westsussex.gcsx.gov.uk
- Sussex Police 101 (but in an emergency always call 999)
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000